The Grapes of Wrath Chapter 8 Summary
- Tom and Casy get up early the next morning and walk eight miles to Uncle John's house.
- On their way there, they watch dogs mating.
- Tom is reunited with his mother (Ma Joad), his father (Pa Joad), Grampa, and Granma. Everyone is delighted to see him. We're talking spitting-jelly-beans-jumping-for-joy delight.
- Ma Joad is especially moved, because she didn't think she'd ever seem him again.
- Ma cooks up a delicious breakfast for everyone, and the preacher gives a very unique prayer.
- Pa shows Tom the new family car that will take them across the country to California.
- Al Joad saunters down the road. Al is Tom's younger brother, and he likes girls a lot. He also wears a big belts and a cowboy hat.
- Al thinks his older brother is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. He's excited to see Tom and to hear about his prison adventures.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...