The Grapes of Wrath
Cite This Page
The Grapes of Wrath Chapter 8 Summary Page 1
- Tom and Casy get up early the next morning and walk eight miles to Uncle John's house.
- On their way there, they watch dogs mating.
- Tom is reunited with his mother (Ma Joad), his father (Pa Joad), Grampa, and Granma. Everyone is delighted to see him. We're talking spitting-jelly-beans-jumping-for-joy delight.
- Ma Joad is especially moved, because she didn't think she'd ever seem him again.
- Ma cooks up a delicious breakfast for everyone, and the preacher gives a very unique prayer.
- Pa shows Tom the new family car that will take them across the country to California.
- Al Joad saunters down the road. Al is Tom's younger brother, and he likes girls a lot. He also wears a big belts and a cowboy hat.
- Al thinks his older brother is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. He's excited to see Tom and to hear about his prison adventures.