Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching Great ExpectationsTeacher Pass
Teaching Great ExpectationsTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What is Pip's real name and why does he choose to go by Pip, instead of his real name?
2. Who does Joe live with?
3. Where are Pip's parents?
4. What does Pip use to get to know more about his parents?
5. What does the man who threatens Pip want from him?
Answers1. His real name is Phillip Pirrip, and it is because his name is so difficult to say that he adopts Pip at a young age.
2. He lives with his sister and her husband, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Gargery.
3. Pip's parents died when he was very young.
4. He uses their tombstones to get to know more about them, since he sees them as indicative of their personalities.
5. He wants some food (vittles/wittles) and a metal file.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE