Green Eggs and Ham
by Dr. Seuss
Green Eggs and Ham Lines 50-70 Summary
On the Road
- The hill turns yellow, and Sam, the fox, the mouse, and the green eggs and ham chase the big guy in their sweet dragster.
- The big guy gets bumped from behind and is forced to ride on the front of the vehicle.
- All the while, Sam taunts him: "Would you? Could you?/ In a car?/ Eat them! Eat them!/ Here they are" (50-55).
- Once again, the big guy denies all love for green eggs and ham.
- Sam replies, "You think you're a big tough guy? Remember the other day when you made me eat bratwurst? Well who's tough now? Who's up in a tree with weird food now?" (Okay, we made that part up, but you never know.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...