Green Eggs and Ham
Green Eggs and Ham Lines 8-13 Summary
No Country for Old Hams
- Suddenly, Sam is back. This time he has a contraption that looks like a fishing pole. Sam reels out some kind of jointed hose with a big red hand on the end of it.
- What's the big red hand holding? A platter of green eggs and ham, of course. "Do you like/ green eggs and ham?" (8-9) Sam asks the big guy.
- He shoves the platter right up in the big guy's face.
- This can't end well.
- Sure enough, the big guy drops the papers he's reading (again).
- When he stands up, Sam retracts the platter. The big guy refuses the platter, on the following grounds: "I do not like them,/ Sam-I-am./ I do not like/ green eggs and ham" (10-13).
- Well put.