Green Eggs and Ham Meaning
What is this book really about?
Where Do We Go From Here?
We've peeled back the layers and we know that this book is about more than funny-colored food. Now let's see how Green Eggs and Ham has inspired an entire nation. Here's a list of some of the wacky, zany, crazy-cool influence this book has had. Enjoy, and be inspired:
(1) Sustainability: Academics, get ready: "Green Eggs and Ham and the Myth of Sustainable Meat and the Danger of the Local" is an article in the Journal for Critical Animal Studies. Read on, brave readers. Read on.
(2) Business: Here's a hammy excerpt from 99 Things Women Wish They Knew Before Starting Their Own Business.
You're probably wondering…what do sales have to do with Green Eggs and Ham? […] Dr. Seuss showed us that persistence pays off in sales. Sam never gave up. He offered his prospect choice after choice, even though the prospect kept turning down those green eggs and ham. In fact, Sam offered his prospect 14 choices, until he finally closed the sale.
Hmmm. That final choice was something like "eat or drown!" But hey, this particular reader definitely took Sam's persistence to heart. If you like sales, maybe you should, too.
(3) Religion: Would you, could you, in a church? Well, some people do. Green Eggs and Ham even gets some face-time in the Christian Prayer Book for Dummies.
(4) Genetic Engineering: One word: Enviropig.
(5) Patent Engineering: Check out U.S. Patent 6,493,673, titled "Markup Language for Interactive Services and Methods Thereof." Yowza. Somebody's been eating their green eggs and ham.