How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
by Dr. Seuss
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Lines 100-124 Summary
Cindy-Lou Who Almost Saves the Day
- But wait.
- In walks a tiny tot named Cindy-Lou. She catches the Grinch red-handed (or green-handed?).
- Then she's all, hey Grinch, what do you think you're doing? Why are you stealing all our stuff?
- That's a good question, Cindy-Lou.
- But the Grinch is clever. So after he hems and haws, he comes up with a brilliant lie, telling Cindy-Lou that there's a light on the tree that isn't working, so he has to bring it back to the workshop.
- The Grinch gives Cindy a drink and sends her to bed.
- Then, he takes everything—even the log on their fire, and sneaks off into the night.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...