How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
by Dr. Seuss
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Lines 125-158 Summary
The Grump Climbs Crumpit
- But the Grinch doesn't stop there. No, he's got serious evil on the brain.
- So what does he do next? He goes to each house in Who-ville and does the exact same thing.
- He packs up everything—all the presents and feasts—in his sled and drags it up the side of Mt. Crumpit, where he plans to dump the whole load over the side of a cliff. Talk about bad behavior during the holidays.
- Just then he hears a noise.
- Assuming it's all the Whos, bawling their eyes out in despair at the total ruination of Christmas, the Grinch gleefully stops to listen.
- But to the Grinch's surprise, the sound isn't a sea of sobs at all.
- Instead, he hears the merry sound of all the Whos in Who-ville joining hands and singing together.