Laertes Timeline and Summary
- 1.2 Laertes gets permission from the new King to return to France.
- 1.3 Before he goes, Laertes tells Ophelia to guard her "chaste treasure." He also listens to a lot of advice from Dad and then takes off for France.
- 4.5 Hearing the news of his father's murder, Laertes storms back to Denmark, raises a bunch of supporters, and storms the royal palace. Claudius and Gertrude get him to calm down.
- 5.1 His sister gets a hushed-up, not-very-nice burial because she commit suicide and suicides weren't supposed to be given Christian burial at all. Laertes tries to demand more ceremony for his sister. When Hamlet shows up, the two of them jump in Ophelia's grave and fight about who loved her more.
- 5.2 Laertes dies from a wound inflicted with a poisoned sword. Since he poisoned the sword himself, he got what was coming to him. He begs for Hamlet's forgiveness, and receives it.
Next Page: Horatio Timeline
Previous Page: Ophelia