Ophelia Timeline and Summary
- 1.3 Polonius and Laertes tell Ophelia that Hamlet just wants to sleep with her, and that she should break up with him. He's out of her league.
- 1.3 Ophelia agrees when her father orders her to stop seeing Hamlet.
- 2.1 Ophelia tells Polonius about Hamlet showing up all crazy-like in her room.
- 2.3 In a situation set up by her father, Ophelia talks to Hamlet for the first time in weeks. He is cold, tells her he didn't love her, and then says, "Get thee to a nunnery." Ophelia thinks he's gone totally bonkers and is justifiably upset by his behavior.
- 3.2 Hamlet sits next to Ophelia during the production of his play and continually makes dirty and insulting jokes directed at her. She tries to keep her cool.
- 4.5 Ophelia wanders onstage acting insane, singing dirty songs and yelling incoherent comments at Gertrude and Claudius. When her brother comes in, she responds by throwing around some more flowers.
- 4.7 Gertrude announces that Ophelia has drowned. Looks like a suicide.
Next Page: Laertes Timeline
Previous Page: Polonius