Ophelia Timeline and Summary
- 1.3 Polonius and Laertes tell Ophelia that Hamlet just wants to sleep with her, and that she should break up with him. He's out of her league.
- 1.3 Ophelia agrees when her father orders her to stop seeing Hamlet.
- 2.1 Ophelia tells Polonius about Hamlet showing up all crazy-like in her room.
- 2.3 In a situation set-up by her father, Ophelia talks to Hamlet for the first time in weeks. He is cold, tells her he didn't love her, and then says, "Get thee to a nunnery." Ophelia thinks he's gone totally bonkers and is justifiably upset by his behavior.
- 3.2 Hamlet sits next to Ophelia during the production of his play and continually makes dirty and insulting jokes directed at her. She tries to keep her cool.
- 4.5 Ophelia wanders on stage acting insane, singing dirty songs and yelling incoherent comments at Gertrude and Claudius. When her brother comes in, she responds by throwing around some more flowers.
- 4.7 Gertrude announces that Ophelia has drowned. Looks like a suicide.
Next Page: Laertes Timeline
Previous Page: Polonius