Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Timeline and Summary
- 2.2 Rosencrantz and Guildenstern arrive in Elsinore and suck up to King Claudius. He mixes up their names.
- 2.2 After sucking up to Claudius, they meet up with Hamlet. He guesses what they're up to right away, and they admit they were sent for by the King and Queen.
- 3.1 The duo reports back to the royals about what they've learned regarding Hamlet's madness: nothing.
- 3.2 They try again to find out what's wrong with Hamlet, and he calls them out for being spies. They can't come up with anything to say in reply.
- 4.2 Rosencrantz and Guildenstern try to get Hamlet to tell them where he hid Polonius's body. They fail again.
- 4.4 Hamlet philosophizes about death on the way to England; Rosencrantz tells Hamlet to get a move on.
- 5.2 Hamlet announces that he arranged for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be killed. The dead people are all lying on the floor when, out of the blue, an English ambassador walks in and says, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead."