The Handmaid's Tale
by Margaret Atwood
The Handmaid's Tale Chapter 45 Summary
- The narrator is stunned. Is this new Ofglen is telling the truth?
- She goes back to her house, passing Nick and thinking she'll do anything if she can just keep on living.
- She's almost made it inside when Serena Joy interrupts her. She is upset and says the narrator betrayed her. The narrator isn't sure what this could be about.
- Serena Joy found the cloak and sequins the narrator wore when she went out with the Commander. She is really angry and says the narrator is a whore.
- The narrator has to remain calm, even though she wants to go to Nick for comfort. Instead she goes quietly inside.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...