Harrison Bergeron Timeline and Summary
- We learn early on that the Handicapper General has taken Harrison away for being way too smart, strong, and awesome.
- He breaks out and crashes the ballet party on television.
- After stripping himself of his handicaps, he declares himself Emperor and claims a beautiful ballerina as his Empress.
- He demands the orchestra play beautiful music and, with the ballerina, soars thirty feet into the air in an elegant dance.
- The Emperor and Empress kiss the ceiling and then kiss each other. Romantic, yes. Sanitary? No.
- Diana Moon Glampers, Handicapper General, shows up on stage with a shotgun and shoots them dead.
- Death: the ultimate handicap.
Next Page: Hazel Bergeron's Timeline