Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw
- Ron and Hermione's friendship has effectively come to an end over the seeming murder of Scabbers.
- Ron is furious and upset. Harry makes like Jimmy Carter and tries to play mediator, but unlike Jimmy Carter, Harry sucks at it.
- Hermione is upset that Harry acts like he's taking Ron's side and refuses to talk to either of them.
- Fred and George proceed to make fun of Ron for being so upset over his stupid rat.
- Harry takes his Firebolt to a team practice and it really energizes everyone.
- As they head in from an awesome practice, Harry spots a huge black dog again and gets super nervous.
- It's the day of the match against Ravenclaw and everyone is really excited.
- Harry notices that the Ravenclaw Seeker, Cho Chang, is pretty cute.
- Since the weather is nice, we can hear the commentary of Lee Jordan during the match. Lee seems better suited for stand-up comedy than ESPN, though, and McGonagall keeps yelling at him for his inappropriate comments.
- After doing a lengthy product placement for the Firebolt, Lee gets down to actually covering the match.
- The match is going well, but then Harry spies some pesky Dementors.
- But he whips out his wand, casts a Patronus, and then catches the snitch. Go, Harry!
- After the match, Harry learns that the Dementors weren't actually Dementors – it was Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.
- McGonagall is furious and starts shouting at them.
- Harry finds this hilarious and he heads back to the tower for a victory party.
- Harry tries to talk to Hermione, who's doing homework in a corner during the party, but Ron makes a loud comment about Scabbers and Hermione runs off crying.
- Harry tells Ron to lay off, but Ron stubbornly refuses to apologize to her.
- That night, Ron wakes everyone up by screaming.
- Turns out Sirius Black was hovering over Ron with a knife.
- No one knows how to respond to that (other than "Aaaahhhh!") but McGonagall barges in and starts questioning Ron.
- She doesn't believe him either, but then Sir Cadogan reveals that he let Black in since he had the password written down.
- McGonagall is furious and Neville confesses that he was the one who wrote the password down initially.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...