Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Chapter 15 Summary
How It All Goes Down
The Quidditch Final
- Hermione shows them Hagrid's note, which thanks Hermione for her help.
- Harry and Ron are upset and the they finally make up and become friends with Hermione again.
- They get to work on Buckbeak's appeal.
- They talk with Hagrid just outside the castle and Hagrid starts crying.
- Malfoy is there and starts making fun of Hagrid.
- So Hermione marches up to him and slaps him.
- Everyone is stunned and Malfoy stomps off.
- Later that day, Hermione misses Charms class, and the boys find her asleep upstairs in Gryffindor Tower.
- Hermione freaks out and rushes off to apologize to Professor Flitwick.
- The boys can't figure out how in the world she forgot to go to Charms.
- That afternoon they head to Divination and Hermione finally loses it over how stupid the class is.
- She storms out in a huff, stunning everyone.
- Trelawney says that she knew that was going to happen. Of course.
- "Some day Hermione's having, eh? Ron muttered to Harry, looking awed" (15.2.76).
- Easter break is filled with homework and stress over the upcoming Quidditch final.
- The night before the match, Harry spies Crookshanks wandering around outside with a big black dog. Mysterious.
- It's game day and the school is excited. It's like the World Cup and the Super Bowl rolled into one.
- The match is a furious one, and the Slytherins play dirty.
- Lee Jordan yells a lot during his commentary and emotions run very high.
- The entire match hinges on Harry, who has to let Gryffindor rack up enough points before he gets the snitch, to ensure that his team wins the cup.
- Harry and Malfoy race for the snitch and Harry grabs it at the last second.
- Everyone freaks out and the entire team screams and cries and tackles Harry in a giant group hug.
- Harry lifts up the Quidditch Cup alongside Wood and feels like he could make the best Patronus ever right now.