Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Chapter 15 Summary
How It All Goes Down
The Unbreakable Vow
- Things are not good on the friendship front, but Harry tries hard to be a friend to both Ron and Hermione without getting into the middle of their argument.
- As the buzz of Slughorn's holiday party gathers steam, all kinds of girls begin batting their eyelashes at Harry in the hopes that he will ask them as his date.
- Romilda Vane tries to slip Harry a love potion, but Hermione warns him about it in advance.
- Hoping to escape the hungry wolves, Harry asks Luna Lovegood to come to Slughorn's party with him as a friend. Luna is delighted.
- Hermione, however, decides to go with McLaggen (the runner-up for the Keeper position) just to make Ron mad.
- At Slughorn's party, Harry spends most of the time avoiding conversations with fame-loving celebrities or with Hogwarts professors.
- Draco Malfoy has been caught wandering around the hallways at night, and claims that he was heading to Slughorn's party. He wasn't invited, but Slughorn cordially allows him to remain.
- Snape, who's also at the party, tells Malfoy he would like to speak with him in private.
- Harry rustles up his Invisibility Cloak and follows the two to an empty classroom. There, he overhears Snape interrogating Draco about a plan, and Draco tells Snape to butt out of his business.
- Snape says, "I swore to your mother I would protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow, Draco –" (15.188).
- Draco responds, "Looks like you'll have to break it, then, because I don't need your protection!" (15.189).
- Though he doesn't get any information on what kind of plan Draco is cooking up, Harry does feel like he's getting closer and closer to the truth.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search