Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
We know magic is at the center of the Harry Potter series, and we know that magic is the thing that makes Harry Potter's world different from our own. Magic is a powerful thing. However, in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, we learn about the boundaries of magic and what happens when these boundaries are pushed. As a result, we realize that the Wizarding community is not as powerful as we imagined, for magic cannot protect against death, suffering, and loss. There are universal problems affecting humankind that even magic cannot fix.
Questions About The Supernatural
- What different kinds of magic do we see in this story?
- What makes Dark Magic bad? Can any Dark Magic be used for good?
- Magic seems pretty powerful, but is it all-powerful?
- What is the different between a charm, a potion, and a spell? What about a curse and a hex?
- Is Dumbledore, considered to be the greatest wizard of all time, all-powerful? Does he allow himself to be killed, or was he actually defenseless?