Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Questions
- Which magical subject would you be most excited to study at Hogwarts, and why?
- Which of the Hogwarts houses do you think the sorting hat would place you in? Why?
- If you could pick one of the many animals described in this text to be your pet (including Mrs. Norris, Scabbers, Hedwig, Norbert, Fang, or Fluffy) which would you choose and why? What do people's choices in pets reveal about them?
- Do you agree with Hermione that "friendship and bravery" are "more important things" than "books" or "cleverness" (16.288-89)? Why or why not?
- Who is the most evil person in this book?
- Who do you think the most courageous character is? How is courage defined in this text?
- If you looked into the Mirror of Erised, what would you see? What do you think Dumbledore actually saw when he looked into the Mirror?
- How would Harry be different if Dumbledore decided that he should be raised in the magical world, instead of with the Dursleys? Did Dumbledore make the right decision?
Next Page: Characters
Previous Page: Quotes