The Heart is a Lonely Hunter Part 3: Chapter 3 Summary
- That night, Mick is sitting in the New York Café, exhausted and depressed.
- Her job is a nightmare – it takes all her energy and her spirit is pretty much being destroyed. She can't think of music anymore, and she definitely can't deal with Singer's death.
- Mick orders a beer and a sundae from Biff, but then she starts to worry about her order; she's very concerned about money. In particular, she needs to buy new shoes since hers are worn out.
- One bright spot is that she now owns Mr. Singer's radio. Singer had serious debts and Mick is now making the installment payments on the radio. She thinks maybe she can save up for a piano one day, too.
- Mick feels like life has cheated her somehow and she wonders about what is good in life anyway: "It had to be some good if anything made sense." (3.3.16)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...