The Heart is a Lonely Hunter Part 3: Chapter 4 Summary
- Biff is working alone in the Café on a peaceful night. He's done a lot of decorating around the place and even has a flower display now.
- He wonders about his future and whether or not he should keep the Café open.
- Meanwhile, he listens to what's going on around him: a news report on the radio and his cook snoring in the kitchen.
- Biff thinks about how much has changed over the past year or so.
- He no longer has that same pull to Mick anymore now that she's more of a grown-up. He feels very lonely and starts to think of Singer and the mystery surrounding his life. Biff handled Singer's affairs, which were a mess.
- Biff panics a bit out of loneliness and fear, but he quickly pulls himself together and gets ready to face another day.
- And that's about as uplifting an ending as we could ask for in a book like this.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...