Cite This Page
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who do you think is the speaker of the poem?
- What is the effect of the poem's mode of address (an apostrophe)?
- Do you think that the heat is a metaphor for something else? Or is the poem just about a darn hot day?
- How about the wind? Do you see that as just the wind, or perhaps a symbol of something else? Why?
- What is the effect of all of the poem' repetitions? How does the poem's sound affect your interpretation of it?