Henry IV Part 1
Cite This Page
Henry IV Part 1 Act 5, Scene 5 Summary Page 1
- The king's forces are victorious. Henry chides Worcester and Vernon (who have been captured) for being so smarmy and trying to rise up against him.
- Worcester lips off one last time and King Henry sentences him and Vernon to death.
- Prince Hal reports that Hotspur's dead but Douglas has been captured. Hal asks Henry is he can decide Douglas's fate.
- "Sure," says Henry. "Go for it."
- Prince Hal instructs his brother to release Douglas on the grounds that the Scottish rebel has fought bravely.
- King Henry delivers instructions for what the king's forces must do next. The king and Hal will track down Glendower and Mortimer in Wales. Prince John and Westmoreland will ride to Northumberland to deal with Hotspur's dad and Scroop. The battle is won but the war is far from over.
- To be continued in Henry IV Part 2…