Henry IV Part 1
King Henry IV Timeline and Summary
- 1.1.1: King Henry addresses the court. He's tired of civil war and wants to lead his country on a crusade in Jerusalem. But, he can't do that because of skirmishes at England's borders and Hotspur's insubordination.
- 1.1.3: Henry admires Hotspur's valor on the battlefield and agrees with Westmoreland that Hotspur acts more like a "prince" than Henry's rotten kid, Prince Hal. He wishes Hal and Hotspur had been switched at birth!
- 1.3.1: Henry confronts the Percys and demands Hotspur hand over his valuable war prisoners. He also accuses Mortimer of being a traitor and refuses to ransom him from the Welsh.
- 3.2.2: Henry lays into Hal for being a degenerate and hanging out with a bad crowd.
- 3.2.4: Henry puts Hal in charge of troops after Hal promises to redeem himself.
- 3.2.5: Henry makes plans and gives orders to gather his forces in preparation for battle against the rebels.
- 4.3.1: At his camp in Shrewsbury, Henry sends Sir Walter Blunt to the rebel camp with a peace offer.
- 5.1.1: Henry repeats his offer of peace to Worcester and Vernon and yells at the rebels for talking trash about him and trying to rise up with an army.
- 5.4.1: Henry tells Hal to take a break from battle when he sees his kid is bleeding.
- 5.4.4: Henry fights Douglas and Prince Hal saves his hide.
- 5.4.7: Henry says Hal has redeemed himself.
- 5.5.1: After the rebels have been defeated, Henry sentences Vernon and Worcester to death.
- 5.5.3: Henry says the battle is over, but the war continues. He gives the order to wrangle up the remaining rebels.