History of American Journalism
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the History of Journalism in AmericaTeacher Pass
History of Journalism in America Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- How critical is objectivity to the newspaper?
- Do newspapers have a responsibility to provide balanced accounts?
- Are they public or private enterprises?
- Why should a private enterprise be expected to exercise public responsibilities?
- Have the courts properly defined the guarantees of the First Amendment?
- Does the press have enough freedom to operate? Too much freedom?