by Louis Sachar
Holes Chapter 24 Summary
- Now we're back in our Stanley's world.
- At breakfast, Mr. Sir looks pretty nasty: his face is horribly swollen, and the three long jagged scratches down his cheek are bruised. Not a pretty picture.
- Stanley and the other boys in D tent know better than to bring it up, but a boy from another tent doesn't have the same tact. He asks Mr. Sir what's happened to his face – and boy is that a mistake.
- Mr. Sir reacts violently, slamming the boy's head against a pot and then dropping him to the floor. Wow, this is just getting worse and worse.
- Out on the lake, the boys ask Stanley what happened to Mr. Sir, but he doesn't answer.
- When Mr. Sir comes by with the water truck, instead of filling Stanley's canteen, he pours the water onto the ground, leaving Stanley with nothing to drink for the rest of the day.
- (Just FYI, this is totally inhumane, in case you didn't catch that.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...