The Warden Timeline and Summary
- We actually hear about the Warden long before we meet her, when Mr. Pendanski tells Stanley that the only real rule at Camp Green Lake is "Don't upset the Warden" (5.6)
- The first time we lay eyes on her is when she comes to the dig site after X-Ray claims to have found the gold tube.
- The Warden supervises the digging for the next week and a half, but she gets more and more grumpy as time passes.
- Enter crazy, scary, creepy scene. In a meeting with Mr. Sir and Stanley, the Warden paints her nails with rattlesnake venom and scratches Mr. Sir on the face. Yeah.
- The Warden is part of a lot more funny business, and eventually she watches and waits as Stanley and Zero are about to be eaten alive by yellow-spotted lizards.
- When Stanley and Zero emerge from the hole (alive!), the Warden tries – and fails, big time – to claim the treasure.
- In the book's final chapter, we find out that the Warden, desperate for money, had had to sell Camp Green Lake and its land. Huzzah!
Previous Page: Zero