Horton Hatches the Egg
Horton Hatches the Egg Lines 72-90 Summary
- Spring finally arrives (la!) and Horton's so-called "friends" (76) discover what he's up to.
- (By the way, Horton doesn't appear to have any elephant friends. We see a giraffe, a hippo with a squirrel on its back, a kangaroo with a joey in her pouch, and in true Seussian form, various animals we can't clearly identify.)
- Horton's position just makes their day. They're total bullies, and they can't stop laughing and teasing him.
- The peanut gallery runs off down the hill, dying of laughter.
- Playing would sure be nice, poor isolated Horton admits to himself.
- But he keeps on sitting, motivated only by his complete loyalty to the egg.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search