Horton Hatches the Egg
by Dr. Seuss
Horton Hatches the Egg Lines 91-115 Summary
Mo' Sitting, Mo' Problems
- What jungle would be complete without some hunters?
- It seems Horton doesn't have his back covered (or anybody else to watch it for him) because three hunters sneak up through the brush behind him.
- These guys all look pretty similar, each with a mustache, pith helmet, shotgun, suit, and bowtie. Fancy stuff.
- When Horton hears them, he turns—and finds himself staring down the barrels of three shotguns.
- Guess what he does. We'll give you a hint: it doesn't involve the chicken dance.
- Instead, he dares them to shoot him, once again proclaiming his undying elephant's faith to the egg.
- Now that's gumption.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...