Horton Hears a Who!
Horton Hears a Who! Lines 125-171 Summary
- As soon as the words are out of Horton's mouth, a bunch of jungle animals (those nosy kangaroos and apes!) come out of the woodwork to say that they're tired of Horton talking to his "imaginary" friends.
- The Wickersham Brothers and their entire family have decided that they're going to cage up Horton and boil the speck of dust in a kettle of Beezle-Nut oil.
- Horton is horrified. And to be honest, so are we.
- Horton calls out to the Whos and tells them that they must make as much noise as they can so that the other animals will believe that they exist.
- The Whos go for it: they start screaming out to literally save their own lives. But sadly, none of the other animals (except for Horton) hear anything at all. Must be those big ears.
- Poor Horton. The animals lasso him up even though he fights back pretty hard. He yells to the Mayor of Who-ville to never give up.
- Cue tissues/inspirational poster.