Horton Hears a Who!
by Dr. Seuss
Horton Hears a Who! Lines 172-225 Summary
The Final Showdown
- The Whos keep up the ruckus show, really putting on a performance with all the instruments (tin kettles, brass pans, bazookas and more!). But even though Horton can hear them, the kangaroos still can't.
- The Mayor rushes through the whole town to make sure that everyone's making some noise.
- It seems like everyone is trying really, really hard, but then he comes upon an apartment building where a little boy named Jo-Jo is just inside, bouncing a yo-yo.
- Hey! Why isn't Jo-Jo shouting and screaming?
- The Mayor grabs him and climbs up the Eiffelberg Tower, where the kid opens his mouth and shouts.
- And sure enough, that does it. The animals of the jungle can finally hear the voices and they decide to renounce their evil Beezle-Nut oil boiling ways. (Talk about trigger-happy.)
- Instead, they say that they'll help Horton protect his friends, too.
- How's that for an "I told you so" moment?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...