by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 11 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Once they get far enough into the desert, they can't use the car anymore. Wanderer pushes it into a ditch so no one finds it.
- They have the boneheaded idea to hike through the desert in the daytime and sleep at night. In case you didn't know this: deserts, they're hot. And dry.
- Wanderer chugs water quickly, but they eventually find Jared's cabin.
- Inside the cabin, they find some stored water, crackers and that old apocalyptic food mainstay: Twinkies.
- Wanderer devours the saltines. Another bad idea: saltines, they're salty. It's in the name! Make you thirsty. Not a good idea when water is scarce.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...