The Host Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Uncle Jeb tells them that Jared and Jamie didn't make it. Then he leaves, telling them that he'll come back.
- He does return, with a small army of humans in tow. These humans are not happy that Melanie has been implanted with an alien. They call Wanderer "it" and "centipede" and point weapons at her.
- With all this hostility, she goes back to referring to herself in the singular first-person.
- There's a lot of arguing and slapping (of Wanderer. Ouch!) as the humans try to decide whether to just shoot Wanderer/Melanie or take her hostage.
- Most of the humans, including Aunt Maggie and some brute named Kyle, just want to shoot her and call it a day.
- Jeb's the only one who wants to keep her alive, and luckily he seems to be the one in charge. He blindfolds her and takes her away.
- Even though she's blindfolded, Wanderer can tell that they're leading her into a cave, deeper and deeper underground.
- When Jeb takes off the blindfold, they're in an underground cavern filled with almost thirty people. One of those is a handsome face she recognizes. Who could it be? Ian Somerhalder? We hope it's Ian Somerhalder.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search