The Host Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Uncle Jeb tells them that Jared and Jamie didn't make it. Then he leaves, telling them that he'll come back.
- He does return, with a small army of humans in tow. These humans are not happy that Melanie has been implanted with an alien. They call Wanderer "it" and "centipede" and point weapons at her.
- With all this hostility, she goes back to referring to herself in the singular first-person.
- There's a lot of arguing and slapping (of Wanderer. Ouch!) as the humans try to decide whether to just shoot Wanderer/Melanie or take her hostage.
- Most of the humans, including Aunt Maggie and some brute named Kyle, just want to shoot her and call it a day.
- Jeb's the only one who wants to keep her alive, and luckily he seems to be the one in charge. He blindfolds her and takes her away.
- Even though she's blindfolded, Wanderer can tell that they're leading her into a cave, deeper and deeper underground.
- When Jeb takes off the blindfold, they're in an underground cavern filled with almost thirty people. One of those is a handsome face she recognizes. Who could it be? Ian Somerhalder? We hope it's Ian Somerhalder.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search