by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 15 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- When Wanderer wakes up, she finds that she's been put into a tiny little alcove that's been made into a prison cell.
- With only Melanie to keep her company, there's a lot of internal dialogue going on, like "Why did Jared hit me?," and "Why are humans so brutal?"
- After a while, Wanderer falls asleep. She's woken up sometime later by the sound of footsteps.
- Kyle and Ian have tromped down to kill Wanderer in the middle of the night! Eep!
- Thankfully Jared is standing guard and fights them off.
- Wanderer/Melanie can't stand the thought of Jared getting hurt, so she throws herself through the tiny hole in the cave wall that serves as the prison cell's window. A window in a prison cell? Who designed this place?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...