The Host Chapter 18 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanderer spends about a week in the cell, most of the time in complete silence as Jared quietly stands guard. Occasionally Jeb shows up and he and Jared bicker about whether Wanderer deserves more humane treatment or not.
- The only moment of interest in these boring days is when Jared eats Cheetos. Yeah, she must be bored, all right.
- To Wanderer, these Cheetos are manna from heaven: "the rich smell of fake powdered cheese rolled through my cave... delicious, irresistible" (18.58).
- They get a few additional visitors: Kyle, the jerk, and on a separate occasion, his slightly less jerky brother, Ian.
- Ian tells Jared that they spotted a Seeker in the desert. Wanderer knows from his description that this is the same Seeker that was tracking her.
- Furious, Jared climbs into the prison cave and demands to hear everything Wanderer knows about the Seeker.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search