Cite This Page
The Host Chapter 19 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- Ian comes between Jared and his interrogation of Wanderer, so Jared punches him.
- "That's twice" (19.7) Ian says. It seems Jared punched him during the altercation at the beginning of Chapter 16.
- Wanderer decides to talk, telling Ian and Jared that she's not helping the Seeker. In fact, she ran away from the Seeker.
- By the time Wanderer's done, Ian is feeling sympathetic toward her, Jared's still suspicious, and Wanderer, she's just tired. Nap time!
- She wakes up when Jeb comes and tells Jared he's needed for a supply run.
- Wanderer's heart is broken, partially because of Melanie, who is upset because Jared's abandoning her; and also because she kind loves Jared too. Even though he's been nothing but a jerk to her.
- Oh, and she's pretty sure he's leaving because with him gone, everyone else can just kill her and he won't feel guilty. But she still loves him!