by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 19 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Ian comes between Jared and his interrogation of Wanderer, so Jared punches him.
- "That's twice" (19.7) Ian says. It seems Jared punched him during the altercation at the beginning of Chapter 16.
- Wanderer decides to talk, telling Ian and Jared that she's not helping the Seeker. In fact, she ran away from the Seeker.
- By the time Wanderer's done, Ian is feeling sympathetic toward her, Jared's still suspicious, and Wanderer, she's just tired. Nap time!
- She wakes up when Jeb comes and tells Jared he's needed for a supply run.
- Wanderer's heart is broken, partially because of Melanie, who is upset because Jared's abandoning her; and also because she kind loves Jared too. Even though he's been nothing but a jerk to her.
- Oh, and she's pretty sure he's leaving because with him gone, everyone else can just kill her and he won't feel guilty. But she still loves him!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...