by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 20 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Jeb gets Wanderer to stop crying over Jared by letting her know that he'll release her from her prison cave as soon as Jared leaves. She's freed! But first, time for another nap!
- In the morning, Jeb takes Wanderer to the bedroom wing of the caves. Along the way, he shows her the gardens, where they are able to grow vegetables underground. They use a complex series of mirrors to reflect light from above ground. Neat!
- After that, Jeb puts Wanderer in someone's bedroom. It'll be hers until whoever it belongs to comes back.
- She's not exactly thrilled about taking someone else's room—although she seems remarkably sanguine about taking someone else's body—but Jeb says he'll deal with it when Jared returns.
- From there, it's to the cafeteria, just in time for GlowerFest. Everyone in the cafeteria stops eating and just glares at Wanderer. It's like Mean Girls times ten.
- As they continue their tour, Jamie, Ian, and Doc join them. Wanderer is understandably suspicious, but she doesn't have any choice but to keep going.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...