by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 21 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- They lead Wanderer to Doc's medical room, where she's afraid they're going to strap her down and cut her open.
- Much to our relief, that doesn't happen. Instead, Doc grills her about her species' medicine and methods of medical treatment.
- Afterward, they escort Wanderer back to her new room. Jeb gives Jamie the rifle and tells him to stand guard.
- Wanderer tells Jamie the story of the Spider world she lived on. During the story, she lets slip how easy it was for her species to take over Earth because humans weren't prepared.
- Jamie cries, and Wanderer comforts him.
- When Jeb returns, he wants to know Wanderer's name. She says that her species called her Wanderer, and he decides to shorten it to Wanda. Consider her named!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...