by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 28 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanda wakes up to find that, in the middle of the night, Jamie had crawled into her prison hole and fell asleep. Um, ouch?
- When they wake up, they head to the cafeteria. Everyone's got a sullen look on their faces, except for Jamie, who's practicing his glowering on Wanda. Who died?
- Jamie makes Wanda eat, and then Ian pops up, all sweaty and dusty. He leads Wanda into the farm room, where they listen in to a conversation between Jared and Kyle. Something's happened, Doc is involved, and it's all Kyle's fault. What is?
- We're… unenlightened.
- Once eavesdropping time is over, Wanda and Ian have a heart-to-heart(-to-heart) when Wanda tells Ian that Melanie's consciousness is still alive inside her, and Ian apologizes for ever treating Wanda like an animal. Aw!
- They head back to the cafeteria and eat some more before Jamie heads back to class with Sharon.
- Ian and Wanda start talking sleeping arrangements, but they're interrupted by Jared, who's acting like a four-year-old or a psychopath or both when he calls out from down a corridor, "Come out, come out, wherever you are" (28.185).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...