The Host Chapter 29 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- It's time for Jared vs. Ian and Wanda Round... what? Three? Four? We've lost count. Jared calls Wanda "it," Ian defends her, etc. etc.
- "Etc etc" is kind of how we feel about a lot of this.
- All this fighting gets Wanda/ Melanie all riled up. Despite what an a-hole is he is to Wanda, Melanie can only think, "Jared makes everything safe, everything happy." (29.87) Um, except for your bruised and battered face, but whatever.
- In fact, it gets Wanda/ Mel (we're not sure whose feelings are whose at this point) so hot and bothered, she just has to kiss Jared. How can you tell if he loves you so? It's in his kiss. Or so Cher says.
- The kiss ends up testing Wanda/Melanie more than Jared. Melanie takes control of the body and slugs Jared in the face, jealous that he's smooching on her body when she's not exactly present.
- But being smacked in the face makes Jared realize that Mel's still in there. What kind of dysfunctional relationship is this?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search