The Host Chapter 30 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Jared tells Melanie that he loves her, hoping she can hear him.
- Wanda feels so conflicted that she curls up into a ball in the corner and cries.
- By the time she emerges from her cave, Jared has left. Wanda falls asleep, and Jamie's waiting for her when she wakes up.
- Things slowly return to normal—Wands starts telling stories again, Jared and Kyle still glower at her.
- There's one complication, though: they tell Wanda that Walter's dying of cancer. It could happen any day now. Aw, how sad!
- Wanda goes to visit Walter in the hospital wing, where he calls her Gladys. Great. Just what we need, another identity crisis.