The Host Chapter 30 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Jared tells Melanie that he loves her, hoping she can hear him.
- Wanda feels so conflicted that she curls up into a ball in the corner and cries.
- By the time she emerges from her cave, Jared has left. Wanda falls asleep, and Jamie's waiting for her when she wakes up.
- Things slowly return to normal—Wands starts telling stories again, Jared and Kyle still glower at her.
- There's one complication, though: they tell Wanda that Walter's dying of cancer. It could happen any day now. Aw, how sad!
- Wanda goes to visit Walter in the hospital wing, where he calls her Gladys. Great. Just what we need, another identity crisis.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search