by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 33 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanda screams as Kyle falls. Ian, Kyle's brother, shows up out of nowhere and saves them both before Kyle is swept away.
- Melanie, inside Wanda's head, is a little miffed that Wanda didn't just let him fall. She put their body in jeopardy trying to save him. We'll take Dumb Moves for $200, Alex.
- They take Wanda to Doc's office so he can look at her injuries, using the old I "fell on a rock" (33.109) excuse to protect her abuser. She still thinks he'll grow to accept her one day.
- Five guys (sans burgers and fries) carry an unconscious Kyle into Doc's cave.
- He wakes up shortly, sees Wanda is still alive, and grumbles "Aw, hell! […] It didn't fall!" (33.165). To which we say, aw, shucks. You didn't either!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...