by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 37 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanda watches some more soccer. When everyone is done, Ian and Jared fight over Wanda/ Melanie for a bit, practically tugging on her arms like it's a game of tug of war. Each man is trying to claim her.
- When Ian ends up taking Wanda/Melanie to his room, Jared gets even more possessive, saying to Ian, "The body and the person locked inside it belong to me" (37.126).
- Um, what decade are we in? We wouldn't even try to touch this with a 10-foot stick of feminism.
- Then he tells Ian that he and Wanda/Melanie smooched it up early. Cue audience gasps and oohs!
- Despite this, Ian wins because Wanda decides to stay in his room anyway because she feels wanted there. Jared just wants Melanie back.
- We just want these people to all grow up a little.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...