The Host Chapter 40 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The title of this chapter makes us a little nervous at what Wanda is going to find... and with good reason.
- As she approaches Doc's room, she starts smelling weird smells and hearing strange sounds.
- She discovers that Jamie and Jared brought back a person who had been taken by one of Wanda's species. They decided to try and take the person back, by force.
- Wanda walks in and sees a soul torn in pieces, blood splattered all over the place: "Shimmering segments of silver stretched in twisted, tortured pieces across the table." (40.31) Ew. Not only that, the alien they removed was just a baby.
- Horrified, Wanda screams and faints.
- When she wakes up, she just wants to be alone, away from the humans who just slaughtered one of her kin.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search