by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 44 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Not only does Jared whack Wanda's face with a rock, she stabs herself in the thigh to best mimic Jamie's injuries and figure out how to heal them.
- She limps into the Healing facility, where two trusting souls administer medical treatment while Wanda lies about it being a hiking accident.
- Watching carefully, Wanda learns how to use the alien medicine: Clean, Heal, Seal, and Smooth. Easier to spell than acetaminophen, and it actually works. Wanda is healed instantly.
- When Healers leave to get Wanda some water, she fills her knapsack with stolen medical supplies, grabbing some No Pain and Cool, for fevers.
- Then she sits, paranoid that they're going to come back with the Seeker and she'll be exposed. Tension mounts as she listens to footsteps approach. Click, click, click.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...