Cite This Page
The Host Chapter 48 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- It will not be good if the cop finds out that Jared is a human.
- Even though she's not very good at lying, Wanda switches places with Jared, putting herself in the driver's seat, and gets ready to lie her way out of a sticky situation.
- It's not that hard. The alien cops are as trusting and naïve as the rest of them. He explains that they've been extra vigilant lately because someone's recently gone missing. Wanda thinks he's talking about her at first, but Melanie explains that her disappearance can hardly be considered "recent." Who could it be?
- The officer even gives Wanda some Awake when she says she must have been too tired to pay attention to the speed limit. It's like an alien 5-Hour Energy drink with all the benefits and none of the side effects.
- Wanda, Jared, and the rest arrive back the caves and start unloading their loot.
- They're interrupted when Jamie runs up in a frenzy. No, he's not excited for Cheetos: he reveals that one of the cave dwellers, Wes, was killed by a Seeker. Holy crap!