by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 50 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanda decides to reveal a secret that could have big repercussions. It could not only save the Seeker, but it could bring Melanie back as well.
- She and Melanie grapple with this decision a bit, as they both know it could mean the death of Wanda. She would sacrifice herself to save Melanie.
- After making her decision, she tells Doc that she knows how to safely remove the Seeker from her human host body.
- Then she tells Doc she doesn't want to be shipped to another planet. She's grown to love Earth and consider it her planet. She wants to be buried here.
- Doc refuses, saying he's "sick of killing [his] friends" (50.128). Aw, he called her his friend!
- They don't have time to argue this matter. Wanda wants to get the Seeker removed ASAP. They go get Jared because they'll need to do a last-minute raid for a special supply.
- More Cheetos, perhaps?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...