by Stephenie Meyer
The Host Chapter 52 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- With cryotanks in tow, Wanda and Jared return to the cave.
- It's operation time! Let's hope Doc doesn't touch the sides or the Seeker's nose might start flashing red and buzzing.
- He makes an incision at the base of the Seeker's neck.
- Wanda feels around inside the bloody incision, up to the brain stem. There, she strokes the soul's back until she finds a nobble joint about a third of the way down. When it's pressed, the soul will retract and safely let go.
- It works! Soul and body are separated. Wanda gently deposits the soul into the cryotank and seals it.
- Soon after her incision is cleaned and closed, the Seeker wakes up! She's human again. Wow!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...