The Host Chapter 54 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Wanda spends a lot of time with the newly reawakened former Healer, trying to figure out what her real name is. She'd been possessed by a soul longer than the Seeker, so her mind is a little farther gone. You know, she's forgotten a lot.
- Wanda guesses all sorts of names, "Mary? Margaret? Susan? Jill?" (54.10)
- She calls her Stacey, she calls her Jane. But that's not her name. It's not her name.
- The person has a flash of recognition when Wanda mentions summer. But it turns out her name wasn't Summer; that's what the soul preferred to be called.
- The human still has Summer's memories and is really conflicted, both fearing humans and wanting to be as far away as possible from the aliens—including Wanda.
- Well, that basically went nowhere. Luckily, Wanda has another opportunity to recover a human consciousness: Kyle returns. And he has Jodi with him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...