The Host Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- To conclude their talk, Kathy the Comforter tells Wanderer that she should try to make friends, because "Human hosts need interaction" (6.17).
- She also suggests that maybe someday they'll find Jared, stick an alien in him, and he and Wanderer can be together. Aw, wouldn't that be nice?
- Melanie, of course, is repulsed. Wanderer runs out of Kathy the Comforter's office, unsure of what thoughts and feelings are her own and which are Melanie's.
- The Seeker intercepts Wanderer on the street, almost as if she was following her (chap … oh, never mind). She's wondering if Wanderer has had any more progress on finding Melanie's relatives whereabouts in her memory.
- But Melanie has Jared's location locked up tight, and Wanderer can't get through.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...