The Host Epilogue Summary
How It All Goes Down
- It takes a while for Wanda to come to terms with her newer, weaker body. Everyone coddles her like a child since, well, she is one.
- She has to fight to be a part of a raiding crew again. It takes a lot of time for Ian and Jared to acquiesce to her desires.
- Wanda says, "In the end, practicality had won out. I was needed" (Epilogue.71).
- Needed to go shopping.
- During one of their shopping trips, they encounter an unexpected development. Another group of humans.
- Not only that, but they also have a soul who's "Gone native" (Epilogue.106), a man named Burns, short for Burns Living Flowers. He's from the Fire World originally.
- Both Wanda and the humans are surprised to find more people almost exactly like them: "It's a strange world" (Epilogue.118).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...