The Host Prologue Summary
How It All Goes Down
- A "soul" named Fords Dark Waters and his less colorfully named assistant Darren are performing a procedure on "a wild human. Still soulless" (Prologue.10).
- It looks like they're implanting a soul into this human.
- Fords makes an incision at the base of the human's neck, revealing the spinal column.
- They stick the soul, a silvery ribbon with "thin, feathery attachments" (Prologue.46), inside the unconscious human, where it attaches to the human's brain. Grooooooss.
- Once it's all squirreled away in there, Fords closes the incision, seals it, minimizes the scar and whispers into the human's ear: "Good luck, little wanderer, good luck. How I wish you didn't need it" (Prologue.58).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search